Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fun Times

Reagan has his 4 month check-up tomorrow, so I considered waiting to post until then, but I've got some cute pictures to share!

Avery started her Mother's Day Out Summer Camp last week and she HATES it. It is truly heart-wrenching to leave her. Theresa and I have brainstormed ways to make this transition easy for her, but we have yet to strike gold. It's hard for me because she's never been really clingy, until now. And this isn't somewhere she has to be. It doesn't bother me as much at church (she cries most of the time in class there too) because she doesn't get the option of not going to church. I'm second guessing my decision to do Mother's Day Out in the Fall. I've been on a waiting list for this particular program, and I'm considering pulling her out. I hope she works out of this phase before then.

Here she is playing with my shoes (one of her favorite things to do) after we got home from camp last Tuesday (her first day).


Another thing she loves these days is "organizing" the drawer. She pulls everything out of this particular drawer and lays it on the island. She can barely reach, but she works it out. This is soo cute to me.


Look at those toes...maybe she'll be a ballerina...


Today I went to the grocery store for the first time with both kids. It's been a long time since Avery has been to the grocery store and she did great. He, of course did great too. Especially considering that this little jaunt pushed his feeding time back by 45 minutes. He's just a trooper. After I finished unloading groceries, I came back to the car to find Avery sitting in the driver's seat "organizing" my wallet. Maybe she'll work for the Container Store someday. :-)


I'll have more about this little guy tomorrow (I love Well Check visits!). But he has started rolling over from his tummy to his back. And he is not too far from rolling over from his back to his tummy. Here he is twisted in that direction. I honestly thought he would be a little delayed with rolling over because he has such a funny little body (long torso, short legs). He doesn't really bend his waist, but he sure can turn!



These two are such little blessings. I still have to watch her with him, but she is really turning into a sweet big sister. We went to the library today for story time and the lady sitting next to me leaned over and asked me how old she was. Then she proceeded to tell me that Avery was "brilliant". I didn't really understand because I hadn't seen Avery do anything that smart, but she continued by complimenting how good she was with Reagan. I feel like I'm always so hard on her, so it was nice to hear from a complete stranger that she was doing a good job.


One more thing...in the spirit of documenting these moments for when I'm old, gray and lonely in a rest home somewhere (wow, that was morbid)... Avery has gotten quite clever in her attempts to abuse sweet Reagan. (This is why I still have to watch her!) She will pound him in his stomach and then when she sees that she's about to get in trouble, she'll say "Tickle, tickle!" and tickle his belly. I can't help but laugh. My hands are FULL with this one!

4 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

I could just eat them up and I just love it when you blog like this... I feel like I am there and up to speed on all the changes that are taking place in your house... I will email you more about some of things you talked about... but I truely miss you guys and can't believe how your little ones are becoming little people... miss you.

Lisa said...

They are so adorable! I'm really in love with Avery's little pigtails. Not that you need any more "advice" about the school thing, but just don't worry about what everyone else is saying. You and Matt know what's best for Avery and every child is completely different and special. You will absolutely make the right decision for her and for you guys - and she has a lot of school years ahead of her.

Anonymous said...

You have such cute kids. I love the pictures you post. I hope that she gets better at staying at mother's day out. I am sure she will. We had a good time at the library. My kids love hanging out with your family!

Bethany said...

They are so cute Shelly, and she is so smart!
Good luck with the MDO thing. I know it's a tough call. It could get better before the fall program starts, so you might not want to pull her out just yet. Sometimes they just wake up one day and act different! If it gets to that point and is still tough, it's okay to take her out, but it's also okay to give Mommy a much needed break and know that she will be in good hands. I am praying about doing something similar for E. this fall and will pray for you and Avery too.