
I just got back from Reagan's Well Check visit. Most of you know that I love well visits because I love seeing how my baby is growing and seeing where he falls "on the charts". Those of you that know Reagan and also have children on the small side are going to find the stats from this particular visit QUITE amusing. Drum roll, please...
He is 31 inches long and in the 75% for height, his head circumference is 46.35cms which puts him in the 50%, and he is 21lbs 15oz and in the 35% for weight. WHAT?? They want to see him back in a month because although he hasn't lost weight, he hasn't gained any in 3 months either. If you would've asked me my predictions on his growth, I would've said that he was at least in the 90% for weight and less than 50% for height. And I would've been wrong. The doctor said she isn't really worried. His appetite is in full force, so she told me to give him whatever he wants.
Another thing happened during this visit and it made my day. Theresa asked me just today if he was walking yet. I told her that he wasn't even interested. He will stand by himself occasionally and only on his terms. He cruises everywhere and pulls up on everything. He has let go many times, only to fall to the floor and crawl to his destination. Well today, I put him on the ground at the Dr.'s office and boom, boom, boom, he took three steps JUST LIKE THAT! I couldn't believe it. I was so giddy that the receptionist peered over the top of the counter and I told her that he had just taken his first steps!
Other things Reagan is doing at 12 months: He loves to bite (mainly me), and give kisses (to anyone who will ask). He knows the sign for more and he can say "Da-da and Ma-Ma". He loves to clap and will do so when you tell him to or when he hears someone say, "YAY!" His favorite person is probably still Avery. He takes a beating from her every day. The jury is still out on whether he will be the type to fight back or not, but if and when he does, we've already decided we'll just look the other way the first few times. :-) What a blessing it is to see this little guy grow up. He brings a joy to my life that I can't even put into words.
3 comments:
Wow... keep us udpated... and just to let you know I always get different measurements at home than the office... you might want to weigh him at home... and see what you get too... I would not be worried he already looks like the next president... what a hunk... love that little man... how are you doing mama... miss you... and congrats on the first steps... yippeee for RJ.
Glad to read the update. So exciting that he took his first steps! Those are the most fun to watch!! Can't wait to see you in April!!! We have to get something on the calendar so another month doesn't get away from us! Talk to you soon.
Well, if that Reagan is Matt's....he will be hard headed and wont take much crap.....Hope your well...
Post a Comment