My mom went with me to the appointment and she asked the sonographer if she could see anything (i.e. "parts"). I figured that I was 12 weeks and 1 day and there was NO CHANCE that she would even go there. But she did. She said that it might be the umbilical chord, but she did see something. Her best guess is that it is a boy. HOWEVER, I'm still predicting that it is a girl. I was fairly positive that Avery was a girl because my pregnancy with her and Tyndale were the exact same. The only difference with this one is that I haven't actually yaked yet (excuse my candor), though I have been nauseous a lot. The baby's heartrate was 168 and that is faster than Tyndale's or Avery's at this stage. (For those of you who don't know, faster heartrates are supposed to mean girls and slower are supposed to mean boys...who knows how credible that is...) So if you are ready to make a prediction, send it my way because in a few short weeks, we'll know for sure.

Either way, girl or boy, I'll be thrilled. Another thing I'll go ahead and predict is that this one will look like me. I was alot further along, but I could tell in utero that Avery looked like Matt. My mom said I was crazy, but sure enough, she does. I think this one has my head shape (that will stink during delivery) so maybe he or she will look like mom.
12 comments:
Sooo cute ! I kinda think this will be another calm baby. He/she looks like she's lounging in a hammock with it's hands over it's head. Ahhh. The good life. Love, Dorothy
Yeah!! Congrats- it is so fun having them close together. They will be best buds!
I love the title... cat out of the bag... I know I was one of the ones that slipped up... sorry about that... I am just so thrilled and can not wait to meet this BIG HEADED monster... HE HE HE
You should take a poll on your blog of our predictions... you can do that under gadgets... if you need help setting it up let me know and that way we can all make our predictions and then you can have record of it... I think I have seen that they do %'s... and then we we know we can take a poll on when we think the delivery date will be and then how much weight, etc... I think you get the point... I feel so gitty just talking about this baby... I need to be home for the birth...ok I will shut up now.
CONGRATULATIONS! He/she looks adorable already.
Congratulations! I'm so glad that he/she is healthy and that you're feeling good. What an exciting time!!! Will be praying for you and baby.
Are you checking out double strollers yet? :0) Congrats again Shelly and Matt, can't wait for more updates on both your babies!
yay! I had heard something and I was waiting for you to confirm it. I am so excited for y'all! So, when are you due?
Me me me, I was one of the ones too! So, our babies will be about 5 weeks apart! That will be fun! So, we getting together again soon?? When's your next sono? I need answers to these questions!
Love ya girl!
i still think it is a girl! although, like kristen said her son and daughter are so incredibly close and bff's that if it is a boy, that would be great too! glad babyk is good! and the heart rate thing was spot on for me-kindle was fast and carson was SLOW-like really slow. who knows?
You might be right about the head!! How sweet to have a baby that looks like you. Both of my babies had fast heart rates. I guess we will see in a week if that was a good predictor for me....
So, I'm a little late on the blog checking, but I'm banking on a BOY - oh yea, you heard me, B.O.Y.!! Maybe I'm just hoping its a boy b/c when we finally get around to starting a family I think I'm gonna have a boy. Who knows, but don't tell Matt I said that :) - Jenny
Congrats Shelly! I'm so happy for you guys. Christina had already spilled the beans to me. Glad everything is going well.
Post a Comment