Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Scrapbooking, A New Camera and A Big Girl Room

Last weekend I had a WONDERFUL time getting my scrapbook on. Camille and her family were in town again and she wanted me to arrange a retreat while she was going to be here. The only time I could find was Valentine's weekend, so we made life easy on our husbands and booked the trip from them to us! :-) Theresa, Camille and I left on Thursday morning and didn't come back until after lunch on Sunday. It was SO fun! We also reunited with some good friends from A&M that lived just a few doors down from me and Camille. And the best part is, they don't live too far from my hood, so it looks like we'll be getting together again sometime soon! Now if we can just get Camille back from Singapore, our little playgroup will be complete!



I've been meaning to post a picture of Avery's "big girl" room. A couple of months ago I started working on turning the guest bedroom (which already had purple walls) into her new room. This bedroom also had a black bed and black decor, so I wanted to keep with that theme. She's been out of the nursery now for several weeks and she loves her new room.


I've been wanting a new camera for a while. I had a slender, stylish little Sony Cybershot that I could never figure out. I know other people who have loved theirs, but every time I used mine I was frustrated. My mother-in-law has an AWESOME camera and after doing some research on Consumer Reports, my heart was set on getting the exact same one she has. So after selling my Cybershot, the guest bedroom mattress and my sewing machine, I became the proud owner of a Canon Rebel. Here are two (really cute) practice shots. I LOVE this camera. And it is just in time for little Ray-Jay's arrival.

Avery has been practicing eating on her own...I am already envisioning the scrapbook page for these pics: It's Hard To Be Neat When Learning To Eat! (No, I didn't come up with it...there was a spread with that title on the retreat...cute, huh?)


4 comments:

Lisa said...

I am LOVING that purple and black room...I need to some see it in person. Nothing like inviting myself over! I had such a good time catching up with you last weekend. Looking forward to Friday - I told Ethan and he keeps asking who we're going to Old McDonald's with.

TxFarmhouse said...

There is something about food products hanging off a child's face and torso that is so darn cute! And I'm loving the light fixture hanging over the bookcase in Avery's room...the room looks great! Glad you girls make yourselves the opportunity to get away and have some relax time.

Unknown said...

Avery's room is so cute! Good job mom~ I am jealous over the camera, have fun!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Had so much scrapping with you... I am sad that we did not get as much time this year as last when I came to visit... I love avery's room and I love the new camera... glad you love it... and can't wait to see more pics with it... don't be a stranger.