Thursday, April 16, 2009

An Egg-cellent Week

Last week was rough because of losing sweet Heidi Lou. But this week has been MUCH better. I have alot of pictures, so I'll try to make it light on the words. And both of my kids are asleep-WOO HOO! I should be cleaning my bathrooms, picking up the office or dusting, but this is way more fun. Besides, it doesn't bother me to type with my arms resting on stacks of papers that need to be filed....

Avery ran a fever last week and I had my doubts as to whether we would be able to go to church on Easter. I REALLY wanted to go to church as a family. We didn't get to go with my family on Saturday and hunt eggs because of Avery's fever. When she woke up on Sunday morning in good spirits, we headed off to church. I was so glad we went. Before church, we gave Avery her Easter basket.

Here is Reagan's basket.



And here is Avery's.
Because she is an absolute pacifier addict, I put a couple of pacifiers in her basket. Instead of going for the chocolate duck or the toy cell phone or the play-doh or the pez dispenser, she immediately grabbed the paci and smiled. (I mean, really, can you even see it in the basket???)

And then she went to try to give it to Reagan, who was a bit hungry and fussy at the time. Such a sweet big sister!
After church we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for Easter lunch and to hunt eggs with the cousins. It was soo much fun.

Here is Avery opening some eggs at Grandma's before changing from her Easter dress.


My little Princess.


Mom and Dad with little Reagan...hungry and fussy, again! (It happens about 8 times a day! :-)


I was shocked that she actually got the hang of hunting for eggs! She knew exactly what to do. It's amazing how much kids learn from other kids.


And it helped that Cousin Carson was so sweet and helpful, leaving the easy eggs for her to hunt.

Here they are, cute as can be. Kindle was more interested in her beanie babies than posing for the camera...that expression is hysterical! Avery found it quite convenient to "hunt" eggs from Carson and Kindle's basket.


The other things that have made this an egg-cellent week all revolve around Avery. She has really gotten the hang of the big sister thing. She gets a little better every day. The most common word around our house is still "GENTLE!" but it's working!


She likes to give her bubba hugs.

And she has even gotten more gentle around Kenley. They are actually starting to play together! That is really egg-citing! (Okay, it's not Easter anymore, so I'll stop with all that...)

I just had to include these photos of Avery making out with herself. I was trying to pick up the kitchen and I noticed that Avery was kissing the mirror.

And licking it.

I just had to laugh at her. She went on and on...I had to pull her away. Weird, but very funny. I love this kid! Maybe the paci isn't such a bad thing... :-)



6 comments:

Donna said...

I'd been thinking about you and hoping that things were getting better. I'm thankful that they are! Cute kids, girl! Thanks for the pics....

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

What great pics... and I just love seeing those babies... I am so thrilled that Avery is doing better... and I have to say the pic of you and Matt and baby RJ is great... you look good. And the thing with the mirror... I remember you at Longhorns little lady Iknow where Avery gets it.

Rachel Kerbel said...

that is so funny that avery LOVES herself!! great pics. i think i will head to your house tonight!

Julia said...

What a sweet family! Avery's Easter dress is beautiful! Ahhh, I remember when we used to feed 8 times a day around here. I have to say, I don't miss those days!

Bethany said...

Those are some beautiful kids and cute cousins!

Jenny said...

Awww, I am so sad I missed the Easter Egg hunt :( It looked like a lot of fun.....Avery is a stud, and even more so for taking the easy route of hunting eggs from other people's baskets - that's just smart. Not that I'm condoning cheating, but I mean hey sometimes its brains over brawn.
As far as the toys go - I think that was an EGG-cellent move (ok really, I know that's over). Kids (esp. those Avery's age)can't verbalize in order to process things and they use play to do that. So the fact that she's playing w/ her babies everyday is probably a good thing and is PROBABLY an indicator that she is processing her world which helps her out A LOT. Its really frustrating not to be able to really convey how you feel! Anyhoo I'm sure my thoughts aren't even worth two cents just wanted to encourage you! I think you did a good thing :)