Avery turned 18 months yesterday and Reagan turned 2 months on the 17th. They are growing soo fast! We had well-checks yesterday (it's nice to be able to do them together!) and here are the stats: Avery is 26lbs 6oz (just above 75%), 34 inches (97% WOW!), and her head circ. is 18 1/2 inches (75%).
Not a day goes by that she doesn't have me laughing out loud. She is talking more and and she makes attempts at linking words. She can say, "Bye-Bye, Buh-Buh" and "Bye-Bye, Paci". She really enjoys being outside. She loves to run. I'm not sure why I love this picture so much, but it just makes me laugh.
As of last week she can jump. I'm told that is a 2 year old milestone, but it doesn't surprise me that Avery can do it. She is full of energy. Another 2 year old milestone that she is MORE than proficient at is the ever-wonderful temper tantrum. She has been throwing her fair share of tantrums and it is absolutely wearing me out. More than the tantrums, I'm worn out at the constant "shepherding" I've had to do every time she bites, pushes and or pulls on Kenley. This is what I signed up for, and I pray that I can laugh about this phase later. Here she is, just this morning...on the ground. And like a good mother, I decided not to pick her up and console her, but to snap some pics. :-) 




She is simultaneously the joy of my life and the person who I lose my patience with the most. But at the end of the day, she's still my sweet baby girl and I love her dearly.
Reagan is also doing great. He is still grunting and squirming like a worm on a hot rock. But he doesn't really scream or cry too much. He is just in a constant state of restlessness. I'm not sure what that is about, but we are working through it. It is probably my fault. I've gone back and forth about exclusively bottle-feeding and sticking with nursing. Yesterday I was on the bottle band-wagon, but today I'm back to nursing. Here are his stats: He is 12lbs 7oz (75%), 23 inches (50%) and his head is 15 1/2 inches (25%). The doctor said his head was too flat--this surprises me because he is on his tummy more than Avery was--so we've tried to do even more tummy time. She even dropped the helmet bomb on me if it didn't round out. So on his tummy he'll be...
He is still not on a great schedule with sleeping. Some nights he can make it 6 hours (not very many) and others he nurses every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I don't have it in me to "train" him like I did Avery. Funny how that works. I want soo badly for him to be on a schedule, but right now, we are sort of in survival mode. I think that is how we'll stay for a while. He may not be sleeping much, but he has started smiling. He is soo cute. This was the closest I could get to snapping a shot of him smiling.
I'm worn out and exhausted, but blessed beyond words. I love my kids and I thank God for them every day.
Since starting this post and actually finishing this post, a lot of time has gone by. I'm back on the bottle feeding bandwagon...and very distressed with my aggressive daughter. Any words of wisdom are very welcome!
9 comments:
oh I just love them both and so sad that I am so far away... I can't wait to get my hands on them... they both look like Matt so much... sorry mommy... :-)
Miss you guys.
Sounds like someone needs a major timeout!:) I know those days well and little girls have so much drama in them it's unreal! They are both so sweet, glad you posted.
Loved this post! Avery is adorable running through that field. And the tantrum photo is an all-too-familiar scene around here. I wish we lived close to each other so Avery and Jackson could play and wear each other out! :)
Hey girl. Love all the photos - the kids are both beautiful. I don't have any words of advice or wisdom, but just remember that God really did specifically choose you to be Avery's mom...He knew you would be the best person for the job. There are days when I'm just praying for bedtime, and I think that's okay. They even out the times when I'm praying for them to not get a day older. And a good babysitter is something to pray over as well!!!
Oh my- you sound like me, circa December 2005. Lucy was 2 months old, Walker was 16 months old. I had no patience, no sleep an NO IDEA what to do!!!
You will get through this rough patch, and will keep getting easier and easier.
As far as Avery's aggressive nature- we played with balls with Walker so he could throw and roll them and bang them and get all of that out. Our main words around the house were, Be easy!! He was very aggressive, and needed to let all that out. I don't know how much you can get outside, but just like you talked about- letting them run it out is the best thing. Walker HATED (and still does) being cooped up in the house.
I know it's tough right now. You lose your patience because your tired, and then feel guilty because you lost your patience!!!
I will be praying for you, dear!
oh my oh my! that wore me out!j/k. You are doing a FABULOUS job! You are a great, attentive mom-don't doubt yourself! the main thing is consistency- I know it is hard b/c you are so tired (I still get tired of my 5, almost 6 yr old throwing tantrums)! Better days are ahead. pretty soon you will be in dance and baseball and school and life will be heavenly:) keep up the good work mamma!
OK I just had more time to read all of the writing and I want to tell you... you are a awesome mom... even if I did not know you as well as I do your words alone say how you love, prayed for, appreciate your children... you are the best mom for Ave and RJ... I know these are just phases and they too shall pass but hold on to them bc they will pass before you know it. I love the running pic of Ave and wow she is jumping she is really advanced... sounds alot like her aunts... and did I say how cute she is... and our little RJ what a little man... I just love his little face... and don't worry about the head... you remember Pierce and I really think boys just get the flat head easier (bc the kids I know that have had to have the helmet were boys... although Pierce never had a helmet, he has turned out just fine... just keeping loving on them, wether it is through patient eyes or not... just love them... and I know you do.
such sweet pictures, even the one where she's throwing a fit! :) I totally hear you though, Emma can be the sweetest girl and is my pride and joy, but she also frustrates me more than I can explain with her tantrums and sassy mouth. I'm sure she's too much like me, but I love her dearly. Maybe our sweet laid back boys will mellow out the high maintanance girls! :)
Elliott gets described as a firecracker, live wire and spark plug everywhere we go, and that is when she is behaving. So I am with you, girl. The only advice I can give you is don't feel like you have to stop every tantrum, because really you can't, and you will be even more worn out. With Abbey (who threw far less tantrums than Elliott) I felt like I had to stay with her, talk her down, or just flat out make it stop. Sometimes you can help and sometimes you have to let her stop. And of course, take whatever help you can get! Even just a little break from them can make such a big difference.
Post a Comment