My heart absolutely sank when I pulled up to my house tonight. Tyndale's tree had blown over and was laying on its side completely broken off from the roots. I was in utter disbelief. I still am. We had some pretty bad storms tonight. I'm not sure if it was wind or lightning that took it down, but it couldn't have been a cleaner break. We got this tree almost one year after her birth and we've had it for 27 months. Of all the trees in our neighborhood, this is the one that got hit. And there probably isn't another tree with as much sentimental value.
Matt has been soo sweet. He has promised to replace it. He has even suggested that we use it to make a baseball bat for Reagan. I've already called an Arborist and left a message. The tree is sitting in my backyard in a bucket of water, rootless. I am 99.9% sure that this tree is going to die, but I'm going to wait to see what the Arborist says.
The pictures above were taken in March when the tree bloomed for the first time this season. I'm glad I captured that moment because it will not likely happen again.
8 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about the tree. Hopefully the arborist can help. Anyways, I just saw on FB that you had a blog. I love blogs. Have a good day!
wendiholmes.blogspot.com
oh I am so sad.... I can only imagine how your heart must have sat in your throat for awhile after seeing that... but another great reason why our hope is in our Father to have Tyndale safe and sound with him now... I know Matt and he will fix it and make it all better... and a bat for RJ is a great idea. You could also make a wreath out of the twigs for your front door or during the holidays. we can think of some other ideas too if you want me to start thinking....and also if there roots are in the ground maybe it can grow a new tree... tell me what the arborist says.... talk soon and miss you.
Oh, Shelly. I am so sorry. Please know that I'm thinking about you.
Shelly, I'm so sorry! I hope you get helpful info from the arborist.
Hugs to you!
Donna
oh no. I know her anniversary is coming up soon too. The bat idea is kinda cool for Reagan, but hopefully you will get some good news back from the arborist. I know you are heart broken but know that Tyndale is never forgotten!
I am so sorry. I know how much that tree meant to you. We are thinking about you all.
Love,
Theresa
oh shelly, i am so sorry! i like some of the ideas camille came up with. i hope that you get good news though!
Praying for you tonight.
I am so sorry.
-Cara
Post a Comment