Thursday, July 17, 2008

No Teeth? No Problem!

Avery will be 8 months old on Saturday and she doesn't have a single tooth. And it doesn't look like she is even close to getting one. I understand that it is normal for babies to not have teeth at this age, but I certainly expected them by now. Matt (from what I'm told) got his first tooth at 4 months, I got mine at 6 months and some members of my family were born with a tooth! (I think those are called crib teeth. . .) Anyway, Avery is the toothless, hairless wonder, but she is cute none-the-less.

I've known for quite a while that my child didn't really like the runny foods. She FAR prefers something thicker like the baby versions of corn casserole and chicken with vegetables. Well yesterday I was at Theresa's house and I noticed that she had carrots in her pantry (packaged in the same way you would find Dole pears, peaches, etc. . . . I had never seen them like that) and I asked if I could give Avery some. She gobbled down almost the whole container, feeding herself. Tonight I gave her some pears that were in my fridge and she did the same thing.

She will eat the baby food just fine, especially if it is chased with a Rice Puff. To her, Rice Puffs make EVERYTHING better! But she is super messy as you can see. I will take no responsibility for the way the food is cascading down her chin. :-)
Here she is eating her pears. Such a big girl! And so clean!
And just in case the pictures aren't enough, here is some video of her feeding herself. Please pardon the LOUD t.v. in the background and her smacking. We'll work on manners in a few months. :-)

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Good job with the self-feeding! Pretty soon she'll be cutting up her own steak. :0)

bcstark said...

She is so adorable! Be thankful for the lack of teeth. I thought it was soooo cute when Jackson started getting his in. And then he started biting. :) He didn't realize we didn't want to be teethers for him!

She's doing such a good job with feeding herself, too. That is awesome!

That's funny that y'all were at the same game - I wonder how far apart we were seated. We weren't with the ACU group but I did see some ACU caps when I was walking around the stadium.

Rory and Cindy said...

That is adorable! Brooklyn barely had 1 tooth on her first birthday and as you can see on my last post she is now almost 2 and still only has 2 teeth on the bottom! I see Matt in her face big time in the pictures of her in the highchair (that's really strange for me because I can NEVER tell who babies look like)!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

She is too much... I want to eat her up... You need to turn down that TV and put the padding back on the high chair momma... or daddy probably likes the sterile look better... HE HE HE

Thanks for sharing this... it made my day... it was like she was banging on the table... saying I want more.