Thursday night Matt and I went to see Third Day and Switchfoot at the Superpages.com center in Fairpark. It was an incredible night. Upon arrival to the amphitheater we saw a booth where you could sign up for the "Wired" fan club. This would allow for early ticket sales for future concerts, Meet-N-Greets, discount on apparel, etc. It was $100. We contemplated for a moment and then decided that since we are budgeting (Dave Ramsey style) it wouldn't be appropriate to spend that much money to meet the band. So we just walked around the theatre and looked for something to eat for dinner. While we were enjoying our $5 sausage stick, the $6 piece of pizza, and the $4 drink (Ironic, isn't it?) I started thinking about how I would really like to meet this band. And more than that, I wanted Matt to meet them. We LOVE Third Day. God has worked through their music to get Matt through some very tough times in law school and to get us both through losing Tyndale. The more I thought, the more that $100 started burning a hole in my pocket. So we walked over to the booth and signed up. If you have ever wondered how those people who say they are "with the band" get "with the band", I guess that is the answer. They paid $100. :-)
Here they are on stage together. This was at the end. It is Third Day, Switchfoot, the lead singer from Jars of Clay and Robert Randolph.

We love Third Day!!

Here is the man! His voice is like no other. And we were able to personally tell him what God has done through his awesome gift!

This guy (he plays bass guitar) has 5 kids. Ages: 8, 7, 5, 3 and 2. CRAZY!!!

Here is the drummer. He is the first one we met. Very nice guy.

And finally, the lead guitar. He started the band with Mac Powell 16 years ago in a garage.

Did I mention I love this band???? They might be coming to Dallas again at a smaller venue (like a church) soon. I'll be keeping my eye open for that.
6 comments:
I so wanted to go to this concert, but didn't want to go solo (have I mentioned Dave works ALL the time). If I had only known....I think it is funny you labeled the members in the band that you love with things like "This guy"! It sounds like you had a great time. I am glad you paid the money to meet them. You probably would have regretted it if you hadn't.
so cool! that is so awesome that you met them-yes i do know how much you guys love that band!!!! they are amazing, and it has been too long since we have seen them:) great date night!
What an awesome moment to be able to tell them what their music has meant to you guys... maybe you will be part of their testimony on stage someday. Third Day is awesome and I wish I was there with you... how much fun and your hair still looks so cute.
no way, you weren't kidding about that outfit! it is your uniform! but it looks way cute! that sounds like you had so much fun! talk to you...errr...soon? ;)
I think you should send them a link to your blog so they can see how much you love them, and maybe they will refund your money for the free advertising! :0) I usually don't listen to contemporary Christian music (is that still what it's called?) but I think you have convinced me to check them out on iTunes.
And Camille is right, your hair still looks so doggone cute.
That is awesome that you got to meet them. I didn't notice your uniform because I noticed Matt really stepping out of the box with a very "not Matt" shirt. No stripes and a different colored color?! Go Matt!
Post a Comment