Earlier this month we ventured out and Avery got her first hair-cut. I really feel like this should be a blog of its own, but for now I'll just have to throw it in with the "fun" for December. As you can see, it wasn't very fun for her. She was sick in this picture. On the way to the appointment she actually told me she needed to go to the doctor. I thought that was simultaneously very cute and a little sad. She just got a trim because her hair was starting to look a bit scraggly at the ends, but you would've thought that someone was trying to cut off her arm by the way she carried on. I held her the whole time in my lap. Drama. I should've expected it!
The cold season has hit us hard this year. I'm VERY thankful to say we haven't had to deal with pneumonia or H1N1, but we've had our fair share of the "virus" that "just has to run its course". This course seems to be on-going to the point that both of my kids have been on steroids and breathing treatments up to 4 times a day. But we've managed to have fun with it and the cabbage patch kids have had some treatments too.
Several weeks ago a friend asked me if I would be interested in taking Avery and seeing the Rockettes when they came to Nokia. Not really knowing much about the show, I declined. Then I saw an advertisement for the show and immediately called her and asked her if she still wanted to go. We bought tickets, put on our Sunday best, and took our girls on a "date". It was AWESOME. It was honestly the most fun I've had in a long, long time. I was absolutely giddy. I bought a souvenir for Avery, some glazed nuts for myself and we both just wiggled with excitement the whole time. Avery did soo well during the show. The Rockettes did their thing, which was great, but the best part was the nativity at the end. They had live animals and the whole thing was a beautiful sight. All Avery could talk about was the "anmals" and "baby Jesus".

Avery got to decorate her first gingerbread house this year. She did a great job. I resisted the urge to limit her participation and tell her how to do it. After icing the windows and the door, I just handed her the icing and let her make a mess. She had a blast and so did I.

The next day we made snowman rice crispy treats. She had fun with this too!

And finally, on Christmas Eve we went out for donuts. We've only done this a handful of times, but I'd like to make it a tradition. She could really take or leave the donut. But she LOVES the icing and sprinkles.

Stay tuned for more on our "white" Christmas. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!
1 comment:
So cute... love the pics and you look great mama.. Dec looks like a lot of fun for you guys... where is RJ? I miss you guys and yes the pics on my blog were from the new camera but I am sad that you could not tell...
Post a Comment