
I was sure that Avery wasn't going to get the concept of opening gifts this year. This was based on the fact that for her birthday (Nov. 19) she opened one, got distracted and I opened the rest. Boy, was I wrong. We had 3 Christmas celebrations on Christmas day, and as each one came and went, she got the hang of it more and more.
We woke up on Christmas morning and opened our gifts at the house. Santa brought Avery the Rose Petal Cottage and many of the accessories that go with it. Quick side note: I didn't even know what this toy was until I accidentally found it on Craig's list. I was searching for an outdoor playhouse, and this one popped up. So I made a few inquiries, and the prices were too high or the locations too far. So I waited. Low and behold, Toys R Us had the whole collection for 70% off after Thanksgiving. I got the cottage, washer, sink, nursery set, doll/mobile set, birthday set, and table and chairs for around $60, brand new. VERY exciting. Back to Christmas.... So we woke up and Avery immediately checked out her cottage. Then we opened the rest of her gifts.
Reagan got a little Chihuahua that barks, Scout (the Leap Frog dog) and a Fisher Price gumball machine that uses the "roll around" balls and lights up. 
We drove to Grandma Dorothy's and had Christmas with Matt's family and then we headed to Grandma Barbara's and had Christmas with my family. Avery and my nephew Conner wore their Santa suits and helped pass out the gifts.


In case you don't know, we had a white Christmas in Texas. The roads were iced and there was enough snow on the ground to make snowmen!
Matt's first gift was this UT Santa hat. He quickly transferred the hat he was wearing to Reagan's head and I snapped the shot. I'm an Aggie, as most of you know, but this did make for a cute pic!

Christmas was such a fun time this year. Avery is getting so big and understanding so much. I already have my wheels spinning about things I want to do with her next year to help her better understand the true meaning. I'm so thankful for the time I got to spend with my family and all the fun gifts for the kids. I went from feeling like we had no toys to play with, to feeling like I never want to see another new toy again! We've got plenty to keep us busy until next year. Hope your Christmas was filled with love, laughter and Jesus!
2 comments:
YEAH YEAH... and great pictures (love the tree one)... nice and those kids are so cute.. love the santa outfit.... keep the blogs coming... miss you.
Amy wuz here! lol!
Post a Comment