Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tiny Dancer, Day 3

The last day was the day of Jimmy's wedding (Matt's only cousin). Avery did really well on the trip, but every day, she got a bit closer to her melting point. She had minor meltdowns at the only two points of the trip that we had hoped would be scream-free. That is, the ceremony and the first dance. She's two. That should explain it all. The meltdown during the first dance was due to the fact that she didn't want to get off the dance floor. She was having a good old time, but when the bride and groom actually had the audacity to have their first dance, it went down hill. The nerve of them! But she recovered and put her dancing shoes on.

This is an Avery original. We call it the Kickstand.


This is The Twirl. I think most 2-year-old-pink-princess-wannabees know how to do this.


She takes her dancing very seriously.


Well, that's all! We had a fantastic time with Matt's family. I hope we get to go again and spend some more time real soon!

3 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So cute... and I love the dress.. she takes after her mom with the original dance moves...

Unknown said...

So cute! Love the kicks, she and Kaitlyn would have a blast dancing together :)

Jenny said...

Love the kickstand! So sad we had to miss it! And a couple meltdowns....I'd say pretty good for a 2 year old. I don't even want to think of what Emrie would have been like.