Thursday, January 14, 2010

Florida Fun, Day 1

Last Thursday Matt, Avery and I left for Florida to attend a wedding. It was a quick and hectic trip, but full of fun and memories. We arrived in Tampa and Matt's dad was there to take us to Lakeland (about 45 minutes away) where Matt's grandma lives. We played that afternoon and had an awesome time on the neighbor's swing. I don't know if this picture does it justice, but it was HIGH.


Avery had so much fun. She was smiling and laughing the whole time.


Too bad these pics weren't taken at Disney World. They just scream fun. And with the Mickey sucker she is holding, it just looks like a photo in an advertisement.



After the swing, Matt's grandma took us to a new park in Lakeland. It was amazing. There was soo much to do at this park, and the play structures were the most unique I've ever seen. Here we are on a roller slide. It's the fun of a slide, with a butt massage, too!


This is a merry-go-round of sorts. I had no idea this thing spun around, but Grandma put Avery on and gave her a push. She had such a good time.


Instead of grass or wood/tire chips the grounds were constructed of turf and smooth rubber. This is a hill that everyone had a blast sliding down. What a concept! You can roll and slide in "grass" with no stains!


That's all for Day 1. Stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Roller slides in America?! Those are fun, haven't seen any since we left Japan.
Maybe you can send that picture to Disney and get some passes in exchange for that adorable avertisement. :0)

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

SO much fun and I too love the pic of her in the swing with daddy in th background with his hands on his hips... love it.