I had many family and friends who made my birthday very special for me. My sweet mom and sister put together a great party for me on Saturday night. There were cool decorations, great food, wonderful cake and fun games. My sister made a video that was pretty cool too. I will certainly never forget it. Matt also gave me an AWESOME gift. He is hooking me up with a scrapbook retreat in April. Now for those of you who don't scrapbook, that may not seem like a big deal, but trust me, it is. He is going to keep Avery for the weekend and I'm going to scrap my little heart out with two friends. My friend Theresa took me to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch on my birthday. We had a great time and we had the BEST cheesecake ever (white with oreo). The waitress sang happy birthday to me with her mouth closed. It was....interesting and slightly impressive. Then my sweet mother-in-law came over and kept the little one while Matt and I went to dinner yesterday. So actually turning 30 isn't that bad...it seems that the celebrations just keep coming!
Here is me and my dad in the St. Patrick's spirit. What a good sport!
The "Blooming" part of the blog title refers to the tree that Matt and I planted in memory of Tyndale Grace last year. The reason it is significant is because we bought the tree last year on my Birthday. It is a white-bud tree and we planted it ourselves (that is not an easy job!). All year I have been worried that it wasn't going to survive. So you can imagine my excitement when I saw these beautiful blooms.
I'm thirty, Spring is here and life is good!
3 comments:
You look good 30... keep it up. I love the tree and I am so glad that it bloomed... it is just a reminder of Tyndale's purity and beauty.
Happy Birthday!! I'm glad you got to do so much fun stuff. Cheesecake Factory- YUM!
The tree is beautiful. A wonderful tribute.
Happy late birthday and I really like your idea of the tree, that is such a sweet idea. I think I may have to use that idea for Rob's daughter Savannah. (Ask Dorothy about details)
Post a Comment