Monday, May 12, 2008

Sitting Up and Spitting Up

Avery has just started sitting up by herself (sort of). I have taken my hands off of her several times only to see her fall into what I like to call the Cell Phone position. (You know the one where she is "closed" with her belly touching the ground between her legs and her lips kissing the carpet . . . not so much sitting up.) Well this week she sort of escaped the Cell Phone position and actually sat up for a second. Long enough for me to snap a few pics, anyway.

Hey Mom, this is fun!

Actually, I'm not feeling so good . . .
Blrpph . . .
So what I learned is that she CAN sit up, but not very well and not for very long . . . or she'll spit up everywhere.

I don't really have anything to add, but I think these pictures of Avery and Matt are ADORABLE, so here they are for your viewing pleasure:



The last book he read her was My Grandfather's Son by Clarence Thomas. No Joke. In this picture he settled for the board book version of You Are Special by Max Lucado. :-)

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Good job Avery! Do you have a bumbo chair? Elliott really liked sitting in hers but unfortunately it also had the same affect of pushing things out one end or the other. :) She is going to be a major smarty pants if Matt keeps reading her stuff like that.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

She is getting so big and long... I can not believe it... I love her outfit and it matches daddy... did you plan that. BTW we show Pierce picks of Little Ave all the time... he loves her I can tell.

P.S. It is about time you updated your blog.

Christina said...

Avery and Matt are SO CUTE!!! Look at Avery sitting up all by herself... what a big girl!!

Funny about the golfing story with Matt... I was laughing out loud... and I never do that. Thanks for the laugh Matt.

bcstark said...

That pic of Matt reading to Avery is adorable - and she looks like such a big girl sitting up on her own.

Rory and Cindy said...

I'll have you know that i am NOT laughing over the cheerleading comment!!! The pics of Avery sitting up and spitting up are too cute!