Thursday, January 22, 2009

Survivor

I was reminded of this awesome shirt on Rachel's blog.  Avery has worn it several times, but it has been a few weeks.  She got it from Camille for Christmas, and as you might guess, Matt LOVES this shirt.  I put it on her today not even realizing that today is the anniversary of Roe vs. Wade.  One of the things Obama threatened to do today (but didn't) is reverse the Mexico City Policy.  This policy prohibits taxpayer funding for overseas organizations that perform abortions (that's right...your tax dollars providing abortions for women in other countries).  It was first enacted by Reagan, reversed by Clinton, and reenacted by Bush.  Obama has promised that reversing this policy would be one of the first things he does in office.  It's no secret that I'm no fan of President Obama, but he is the leader of our country and I'm going to show him respect accordingly.  I have heard several people say that they were going to pray for him.  I think I will too.  Perhaps prayers have been answered today.   
 

4 comments:

Rory and Cindy said...

oh my gosh, i LOVE that shirt!!!

Rachel Kerbel said...

love it too!

Unknown said...

What a great tee!
I know we should all be praying for this country and our president, as hard as that may be.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

I am so THRILLED that you guys love the shirt... now we need to see a pic of Matt in his shirt... glad it fits... can't wait to see you guys... and yes praying for that president...good facts for the day... did not know that and I am glad to hear that