Although we aren't really on a first-name basis, I do love me some Dave Ramsey. If your house is in good financial order, and if it isn't, I HIGHLY recommend using Dave's resources and counseling services. Matt and I did a bible study together when we lived in Austin called Crown Financial. It was one of the best studies I have ever done. Then I heard about Dave. His principals are basically the same (biblical principals for managing money) except he gives a few more specifics.
Anyway, I was on his site this morning reading Dave's thoughts on Obama's stimulus package. We are the ones who have the power to change this economy--by not over spending. The stimulus checks didn't get us out of this problem last time (with Bush) and they aren't going to miraculously fix the problem this time.
The best part of Dave's commentary was at the end: "As for our new president, if you’re not a fan, pray for him. He’s your president. If you are a fan, pray for him. He’s your president, not your savior. Your hope will be crushed if you wait for him and his administration—or anyone else—to fix your life and give you money."
The emphasis is Dave's, not mine. These are good points he is making...I hope people listen.
16 years ago
5 comments:
What a good message!
I'm listening... thanks for sharing and can't wait to see you tomorrow.. sorry the party is during Ave's nap time.
so true! p.s. go avy.. go avy.. go.. go.. go avy! nice soccer pic! that warms my heart to see her kick that ball baby! she was doing really well:)
Go Dave!
I can't find a place to leave a comment about the video of Avery kicking a ball but WAY TO GO! and your voice doesn't sound weird.
I have wanted to do a Dave Ramsey class for a while. If we could somehow find 13 weeks in a row of Chad being home...
Post a Comment