Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Feed Them What They'll Eat, Right?

Avery has had some peculiar behavior lately that I believe is associated with teething. Her tantrums have been somewhat bi-polar in nature, and she hasn't been eating. I've heard that when kids are teething you just give them what they'll eat. Avery is usually a really good eater. She'll eat the good, the bad and the ugly. So not eating for her is not normal. Saturday and Sunday she barely ate anything at all. We went to a birthday party Saturday and she had a little bit of cake. Saturday night she 3 bags of fruit snacks and played with the rest of her food. Sunday she refused breakfast, had some goldfish at church, and ate one chicken nugget and a few swigs of a milkshake for dinner. Monday Theresa got her to eat most of a grilled cheese sandwich and some tater tots. I couldn't believe she ate it, but she did. Keeping with the "give them what they'll eat" rule of thumb, she had 2 bags of fruit snacks this morning for breakfast. She refused lunch. Tonight as I was cooking dinner and I had frozen spinach ravioli out in the bowl, waiting on water to boil. She kept saying, "Mommy, I unt that! Mommy, I unt that!" I paused for a moment and thought, I can't give her frozen ravioli. She continued. Then I thought, I'll give it to her because there's no way she'll eat it. Well, SIX frozen raviolis later, the meal was finished and she actually got to eat some of it cooked. I think she actually preferred it frozen.

These things aren't small!


I love my crazy kid!

3 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

What an oustanding post... I love it and how cute... I just want to get my hands on that girl... so sweet to her mama...

Rachel Kerbel said...

crazy is true-i have never seen a kid LOVE the cold like her. I totally bet she loved them frozen! I mean, the ice baths are second nature to that child, make sure to pack some shorts for her when we go snowboarding!!! love her too:)

Bethany said...

Elliott prefers peas frozen, straight out of the bag. :0)
Poor teething girl! Poor Mama! Teething is rough. Hang in there!