Thursday, September 24, 2009

First Bath Together...And Maybe The Last!

Last night Matt was working late and instead of bathing Avery and Reagan seperately, I thought I might try the two-for-one deal that I hear other moms do. Well, it went okay, but I don't think it will be part of the regular routine. It didn't save much time, but it did give me a few blog-worthy moments.

Reagan wasn't quite sure what to think. He is easily startled by loud noises and screams, so having Avery's loud voice amplified by bathroom tile, wasn't very nice for the poor baby's ears. She is also a bit rambunctious in the tub, and he didn't like being splashed too much.

Avery is becoming the sweetest big sister EVER. She loves making him laugh and she is the best "big helper". She always makes sure he has a toy to play with. Not to mention, sweet kisses!


What is going on, Mom? (There's the Stay Puft face again!)


I bathed them both quickly and got Reagan out first so Avery could play for a few minutes. I set him down on the floor of his bedroom and went back in the bathroom to check on her and to clean his helmet. I saw that she was trying to get in his seat, but she paused when I came in the bathroom and flashed her mischievous grin. I sort of laughed and told her it was okay for her to get in the seat, but that she probably wasn't going to fit. I cleaned his helmet and went to go finish getting Reagan ready, when all of a sudden I hear, "Momma, I suck! Momma, I suck!"

And here is the face I saw:


Luckily I already had my camera handy because she was soo funny. She had both legs STUCK in one leg hole. I helped her out and she didn't try it again. The two-for-one approach might work better as they get older though Modest Matt probably won't go for it too much longer!

6 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So cute... love the first pic... you really are super mom... wish I was there to see it in person...really do.

Staci said...

That first picture is so cute!!! I use bath time as a time for them to play. I don't think "double" bath time is a time saver...it actually takes longer...but they have fun playing! I took baths with both my brothers when I was little and Tyler wasn't born until I was almost 5 years old...so sure Avery has a few more years ;) I'll never forget the day my mom told me I couldn't bathe with my brothers anymore. I was so sad! I didn't understand why they got to go play in the bathtub and I couldn't go play with them!

Rory and Cindy said...

You're so funny! I ALWAYS bathe my girls together because I HATE bath time and can't force myself to do it twice...not sure how that's gonna work out in a few months when kirra is ready to join them?! Not sure what I would do if I had a boy and girl, Makayla is 5 and I am no where near ready to answer those questions!!!

Anonymous said...

You must do double bath time again so we can see more pictures like those. I'm beginning to love that stay puft face!!!

Anonymous said...

Believe me double bath time gets easier. I still have Tamara and Paul doing double bath time, and it is great, i can run and get cloths ready for the next day,and other quick (1-2 minute) things that I couldn't do with just one in at a time. I say Keep trying it.

Bethany said...

So cute! Why oh why is Avery's hair growing but Elliott's isn't?!Two for one will probably work better as they get a little older. Elliott was probably more like a year when I started doing theirs together- half the time she had to have a bath earlier in the day from getting messy anyway!
I am amazed that all Avery got was her legs stuck- my kids always seemed to have really slippery bottoms and if I took my eyes off them for a second they were ending up on their backs flailing in the tub!