For the last few weeks I've been having some second thoughts about the preschool program I enrolled Avery in for Fall. I have just not been as excited about it as I thought I would be. If you would've told me 5 months ago that I would be having these thoughts I would've slapped you. I so wanted a break then. I so longed for some peace and quiet with me and Reagan. I had visions of naps and play dates with him. I had thoughts of her at school learning social skills and playing with friends. But as September got closer those thoughts sort of turned to questions. Questions about the practicality of school with our current budget. Questions about getting Reagan on a routine when I would be driving her to and from school 2 days a week. Questions about disrupting her routine for 2 days a week. Questions about putting her in school for the hours that tend to be her happiest time of day when she is at home and getting her back when she tends to be crankiest. I wanted the happy time to be with me.
I prayed about it and talked to Matt. I prayed some more and talked some more. The day before Meet The Teacher was the best day I've had at home in a long time. Both of the kids were great and I felt like it was a reminder from God about how nice things could be at home. When I first put Avery on the waiting list for this program I was pregnant and exhausted. I couldn't see the forest (staying home with both kids and keeping my sanity) through the trees (temper tantrums and unruly behavior). But now I am not pregnant and we are figuring each other out. I could still use some rest, but isn't that the story of every mom? So I made the call. She's staying with me. I do plan on enrolling her next year. She'll be potty trained by then and Lord willing, I'll have another bun in the oven. For now I'm just going to enjoy my time with my baby girl.
Here are some pictures from that day:

There are many other reasons that weighed into my decision to keep her out this year. I could probably list 100 of them for this blog, but if you are still reading (thank you) you probably aren't interested in every little thought. But I'll just share 1 more. We didn't want to bombard her with a ton of new things this year. In a couple of months she'll be able to do BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) with me. That will be a big adjustment for her. And my sweet and wonderful husband has been on me about getting her into Gymnastics for a long time. I finally enrolled her in a night class at The Little Gym and he is going to take her every week for a "date". This week was her first time going, and if you could've seen them together you would've cried. Seriously...I know you aren't his wife or her mom, but it would've brought tears to your eyes. She LOVED it. She LOVED running with her daddy, jumping with her daddy, playing in the bubbles with her daddy....it was the greatest thing to see.

I can't wait to go back this week. Happy 100th blog to me! Thanks for reading!
6 comments:
Wow... I had no idea but I am proud of you for coming up with a plan and loving it... I am so happy for you... I think this year will be a blessing for all of you. And Little Gym... so cute... Matt is a great dad to come home one night a week and have a date at the gym with his little princess.. thanks for catching up on my blog... sorry it is slow onyour computer... I will try not to put so many pics next time... HE HE EH... love you and miss you. P.S. COngrats on #100
Shelly I know how hard it is to find the right answers some time, we made the decision to keep Kaitlyn in one day a week moms day out program because I could hopefully teach her preschool at home. The moms day out is so great because it gives me 4 hours a week alone to catch up on anything! We are also enrolling her in gymnastics, I can't wait for those memories! The kids are growing fast and make me smile every time I see their sweet faces. Thanks for sharing this post and hope for hundreds more!
Hey girl. I love the feeling of doing exactly what's right for my child, and not necessarily what's right for every other child. You will always know what's best for your ADORABLE kids, and she still has a lot of time to be in preschool. Little Gym looks so much fun! Cara did it for Jack and Josie and they loved it!
Happy 100th! Looking forward to reading lots more from the Kaz family.
God is good to give us peace, just peace, as an answer sometimes, because He knows that is what we need! I went through something similar last year when we had just moved here and everyone was saying I should put Abbey in ALL DAY pre-K. I decided that was not best for any of us, it wasn't going to hurt her to just go to a part time preschool, and God blessed us both with some wonderful friends through that program.
And... you are already thinking about another bun?! You are a stronger mama than I!
What a blessing that Matt's job allows him to take Avery to gymnastics! Isn't it wonderful how things work out.
Congrats on 100!
I definitely think you made the right decision for your family. It looks like they're having so much fun at the gym!
Post a Comment