
Reagan is doing so well with his DOC Band. We went for his weekly visit today and they had to make some major adjustments because his head had grown. Just in a week, it had grown 2mm which is "Texas size growth" according to the physical therapist. The first night in the band was terrible. I felt like we took 5 steps backwards in terms of sleep training. I had worked hard to get him sleeping through the night and then we got the helmet. When he cried that first night, I worried about him since the band was so new to us both. So I ran in and nursed him...FOUR times. But the next night he was well adjusted and we were back on our routine. He started rolling from tummy to back at 4 months and now he is rolling from back to tummy. We are still far away from sitting up (I think) because he doesn't have a waist. The little guy is pretty stiff, but he'll get there. He is the sweetest baby ever. He cries only when he is hungry and he smiles constantly.

Avery is growing so much too! She can talk your ear off. She can look at you and talk/explain/lecture/gripe at you for 2 minutes straight and you won't have any idea what she just said. It is so funny. She knows too many words to count. Individually spoken, anyone could understand her words. But when she strings them all together so fast, she speaks a language all her own.
It makes me laugh so much!
Around the time Reagan was born we saw an infomercial for Your Baby Can Read, and we ordered the videos. This summer she got introduced to Elmo and that put an end to my baby reading. :-) Actually we still work with her using the books (she has read several words on her own...it is really quite amazing) but no video can hold her attention unless it contains a furry, red monster. She talks about Elmo all the time. I hear "Ah-Unt Melmo" (I want Elmo) and "Melmo, err are you?" (Elmo, where are you?) all day long. She loves to "hold you" which means be held. And she likes to play Pi-Pa Boo (Peek-A-Boo) with me and Reagan. She is such a fun kid. She may put a few gray hairs on my head, but keeping up with her will keep my young at heart.

Every day is filled with crying and temper-tantrums. But moments like this make memories of tantrums fade away.
3 comments:
Your kiddos are adorable!
I love the last pic.... break my heart and want to cry... I do miss you guys and I am so glad they are being good for their mama... you deserve good children... :-)
avery cracks me up! her talking is fun to listen to-it changes so fast! Next thing you know you will be sending your kids to kindergarten:(
They will be great buds:)
Post a Comment