Thinking about the order of events today, I have to smile, but the Hawaiian Falls thing was sort of thrown together at the last minute when I found out Rachel was going to be in town with her kids. I literally drove from our appointment to the park. It was a wonderfully fun day. As far as the helmet goes, so far it has been NO adjustment. He doesn't seem bothered by it in the least. What a blessing! So there isn't much more to say about that...
Now more on Hawaiian Falls... This is the before picture. Everyone was happy and life was good! We were all pretty excited to be there.
Avery loved going down this little slide. Kindle and Avery must have gone down it a dozen times or more. They also had fun in the wave pool. Boy, can these girls scream (with excitement). It is soo sweet to watch them. Makes me miss Tyndale, of course, but I'm so thankful that she is close to her cousin!
The day was going great. Avery, Kindle and Dorothy had fun playing on the slide while I got Reagan situated. About that time everyone came in for lunch. We ate and I went to change clothes and get ready to swim. Dorothy offered to stay with Reagan while I took Avery in the Lazy River. I picked her up, Rachel sprayed me with sunscreen and off we went....with Avery screaming the entire way. She kept rubbing her face all over my shoulder and then she would scream, "My eyes! My eyes!". This was very sad for me because I could tell something was really wrong. Her little legs were shaking and she couldn't calm down. After several attempts to calm her down and distract her (the lady next to us even offered her a cookie with icing...YES, she was THAT hysterical) I decided that I would take her to the First Aid area. They flushed her swollen, red eyes out and wiped her hands off. I gave her a paci and her lovies and told her to close her eyes. She fell asleep in my arms and slept for about 35 minutes. Poor baby.

In the mean time, Reagan had fun with a toy, just chillaxin like he always does.

That turned out to be all the nap she needed to get her through the rest of the day happy (for the most part). She even graduated to the bigger slide. She went down it all by herself. I caught her at the bottom (mostly because I was afraid, not because she was afraid). It was a great day!
And here is the after shot...6 1/2 hours at the park and we were all tired, but we had a great time. But the fun didn't stop there! We went back to my house and ordered pizza. It was an exhaustingly fun day!
5 comments:
Oh I so wish I could have been there... it looks like so much fun... and great news about the helmet... and I am glad there is no top so his head can breath... and hilarious that they told you not to get it wet and the first place you went was the water park... go girl.. keep the post coming I love to see your family...
Little RJ! He is too cute. I am also glad that his little head is not totally covered. But now that it is going to be football season, you can decorate it on game days! I think he is going to be a football player. He looks like a natural in that helmet.
So glad that you had fun at Hawaiian Falls. Wish I could have been there. Did the coupons work? Where were those little slides? I didn't see those the last time I went?
ha! love the after pic:) sorry about her eyes! we had a blast too-thanks for being a sport, I know it isn't easy with 2 tots. oh, and when we were leaving moms house, carson told mom to tell uncle matt 'how much i love the machine gun!' thanks:) see ya'll soon for another addition!
I want to be part of your family. :0)
I am so glad the first day with the helmet went well!! That's such good news for him and for mom's peace of mind!! Looks like lots of fun was had at the water park, barring Avery's temporary meltdown....Can't wait to catch up w/ you next week!
Post a Comment