Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hello, August!

We started August off with a bang at Lake Conroe. We had a great time with Matt's family playing games, wake-boarding and just hanging out at the condo. Matt's parents, his grandma from Florida, and his sisters (and their families) were all in attendance. I thought this blog would be a bit wordier than it is, but I think I'll just jump right in and talk about the pictures instead of blogging every detail of the weekend!

Avery's favorite word lately has been "No!" This is driving me absolutely nuts, but I managed to find a bit of humor in it this weekend. Grandma kept asking her questions and every time she would respond with "No!" Well, she finally asked if Avery wanted ice cream and all of a sudden she discovered how to say, YES! She just looked up at Grandma with her sweet little eyes and kept doing the sign for more. It was pretty cute.


Dorothy bought Kindle and Avery matching swimsuits this year and we took some pics of the girls in their attire. Avery's barely fit her. She is growing soo fast! It won't be long before she is looking down at Kindle. But to Kindle, she'll always be Baby Avery.


Avery absolutely adores Carson and Kindle (I think I've said before, she gets along wonderfully with kids older/bigger than her). They had such a good time together. Avery and Carson seem to be cut from the same high energy mold. And sweet Kindle just observes. It was sweet to see her interact so well with her cousins.


Just this week Avery has actually started kissing with her lips. She did the open mouth thing many months ago, but after that, when asked for a kiss, she would just lean her head into your mouth and allow you to kiss her. If you ask her now, you better be ready because she'll plant one on ya!


The water was choppy the whole weekend. We were all bouncing around on the boat like little rag dolls, but even so, Mrs. Independent insisted on holding herself up. We tried to hold onto her and set her in our laps, but that wasn't going to do. SHE had to do it. And she did.



Here are the cousins, taking it all in. Soon enough Reagan and Emrie (Jenny's baby, due this month) will be in the mix!


I tried 3 times to get up on the wakeboard. I just didn't happen this time. Water kept getting on top of my board so I gave up pretty quick, thinking it wasn't going to happen...and then Rachel and Kit showed me up. But that's okay. I did get some time on the water weenie. And it was probably more fun. Avery got out on the weenie for the first time. She had a blast. She giggled the whole time. She LOVES the lake.


Avery and Kindle with bows still in their hair! So cute!


Avery and Kindle enjoyed feeding the ducks. This picture doesn't do it justice. Ducks were everywhere...ducklings too!


They had such a good time together.


I haven't forgotten about little Ray-Jay. He had a good time too. He mostly stayed inside. We took him to the pool once, and on Monday morning he went out on the boat, but he slept the whole time.


It was a wonderful weekend. Thanks to Grandma Dorothy for putting it together. Maybe we can make it a tradition!

4 comments:

Kristen Ballard said...

So fun!!! Gotta love those family get togethers :)
I LOVE the pic of Kindle and Avery holding hands.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Oh can I go... looks like so much fun... i love all the pics and love that a and k are best friends... so cute... soon RJ will look up to his older cousin too... so cool... keep us updated about the little addition that is due next month.

Rachel Kerbel said...

oh man! great pics, i wish we had more to add (i don't know why i didn't)! I love that kindle still calls avery baby avy even though they are the same size! we had a blast, thanks for the pics!

Jenny said...

Love this blog! So sweet :) I love the pic with grandma and the picture with Avery mugging down with Kindle....um, I mean giving her a sweet kiss :) j/k If I could have I'd have taken a pic of Emrie bopping around inside on the boat....pretty sure she actually liked it - she was asleep just like Reagan. Perhaps they will get along well like Avery and Kindle :) Love the pics and love my family!!