I actually scrapbooked about it because it was a traumatic experience for me. We went to Sally's and bought a highlight kit for $6.99 (the reciept is in my scrapbook). And here is an action shot:

Pretty bad, I know. No fault of Camille, though. I just have a ginormous head and the silly cap didn't fit properly. So the color actually started an inch or so from where my hair grew out of my scalp. That's the curse of having a big head. Here is Camille striking a pose. I remember hers coming out a bit better than mine...don't have the "after" shots of her.
So the reason for this Flashback is that yesterday I did something that I said I'd never do again: I highlighted my hair. Matt has always wanted me to get them. And for reasons stated above, I've always refused. But our anniversary is coming up on August 17, and we are celebrating this weekend. So I decided to surprise him with my new color and he was/is THRILLED. He loves it.And they don't use caps anymore...Thank God for foil!


I'm not sure if I'll keep them up. It depends on how fast my hair grows. Matt's vote is yes, but we'll see. It was a good experience at the salon this time, but the REAL highlight of my week was seeing Avery be so sweet to Reagan a few days ago. Look at that face! He didn't seem to mind having a slobbery big kiss planted on him!

9 comments:
Love the hair! The cut is adorable on you, and your highlights look amazing! But I agree they can be a huge pain, but now that you have two little ones a little more time at the salon may not hurt!
LOVE, love, love your super cute cut and the highlights look great!!!
This is cracking me up... I love it I love it I love it... what a great memory but what you failed to say it was your first time to get highlights and it was my first time to give them... he he he We were crazy and how do you remember all the details and a box for $6.99 we probably thought that was so expensive back then... what were we thinking... we must have been lame and bored on new years... HE HE HE I am so thankful that you found these pics I will have to use it for next Friday... Love it.
oh I forgot to add... I am proud of you sister and love the new dreads... your hair always looks good and it just adds that much more to your new style... you are getting a little trendy my friend... watch out.... :-)
Girl, you are lookin' mighty fine! I love it! The color and the cut! As you know, I am one of those chemically dependent ladies you hoped never to be. There's no shame here though! Good for you glamor girl!
Shelly- you are such a babe!!!! I love the new highlights- it completes the style perfectly!! I'm loving this new fashion forward fearlessness you've got going on. I need some to rub off on me!!
Hey Shelly, with those highlights, you've almost got the Kate Gosslin thing going on. lol
Wish I could get my highlights back.
You're such a hot mama. Thanks for the good side shot so that when I shamelessly copy your hair cut I can take a picture to the stylist. :0)
I. LOVE. YOUR. HAIR. It looks so good! Especially w/ the summer tan. Now you could get UBER-Trendy and chemically dependent and go darker during the winter.....hee hee. Seriously though it looks really really good :) Depending on how crazy Emrie goes on my locks I may be trying to talk Rachel into doing a big 3-0 chop with me! We'll see.....you know how long it takes to get over the "comfort zone!"
Post a Comment