Monday, February 8, 2010

Domesti-tot

Avery loves being home. Any time we go out she will say, "Go home, mama?" So here are some things that keep us busy during the day.

Since she was 9 months old, she has loved baby dolls. She has such a sweet, nurturing side to her. She watches me and does what I do. Sometimes it is a bit messy, but I just roll with it because it is soo stinking cute. Here she is putting cream on her baby.


I can't hardly go near the sink without her saying, "I roll my sweeve, mama! I help, mama!" She always wants to roll up her sleeves and help me do the dishes. She helps me put the detergent in the dishwasher. She knows exactly what to do when I give her the go. Every week she helps me wash the nebulizer parts and she actually does a great job. In the following pictures, we had just finished cleaning the parts and I let her have some fun with the soap.


How quickly things go down hill... :-)


She loves reading. Sometimes she'll actually let me read to her, but most of the time she just looks at the pictures and describes the character's emotions. "Uh-oh! It's sad!" She is also into looking at the size of things and assigning each one as the daddy, the mama and the baby. She will do this with anything (shapes, animals, bubbles...everything is a family).


And of course, we always have fun in the tub. Avery recently learned how to put her head back and swoosh her hair around in the water. She loves this.


Another thing we've done at home recently: Paint! I was completely shocked at how neat she was. Not in the way she painted, but I told her to keep the yellow brush out of the blue and red, etc. She did! My little artist.


Staying at home is fun. Before Reagan I was hardly ever home. But with the addition of a second child, sicknesses and trying to spend less money on eating out, I have come to really appreciate being a STAY AT HOME mom.

3 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

I am so impressed withyour blogging frequency... you go girl and I love seeing your faces and those babies of course... great pics and glad you are loving staying at home... I am so proud of you sweet friend you have beautiful children... love you lots...

Unknown said...

Looks like your having lots of fun and creating such good memories!

Bethany said...

What a good little helper Avery is! I think it's interesting that she likes to get her hair wet like that! My girls have to look straight up at the ceiling and close their eyes before I can get anywhere near their heads with water.
If she loves being home it shows you make it a great place to be. :0)