19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
22"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. 23But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
24"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.
To think that my quality of life would be so improved by a porch is just silly to me now. To think that material things can give you anything other than a moment of happiness is ignorant. True joy comes from Christ. True satisfaction comes from Christ. I'm thankful that my very expensive, busted-up porch has reminded me of these facts.
Like I said, they removed the porch today. I TOTALLY underestimated the extent to which sounds from a jack-hammer would DRIVE ME ABSOLUTELY NUTS!!! That sound should seriously be a form of torture. It was crazy. My heart started to race and I was snapping at my kiddos so I packed up and headed to my mom's house. We went to lunch and I put the kids down at her house and headed out to run a few errands.
9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12: 9-10
Little girl fourteen flipping through a magazine
Says she wants to look that way
But her hair isn't straight her body isn't fake
And she's always felt overweight
Well little girl fourteen I wish that you could see
That beauty is within your heart
And you were made with such care your skin your body and your hair
Are perfect just the way they are
[Chorus]
There could never be a more beautiful you
Don't buy the lies disguises and hoops they make you jump through
You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do
So there could never be a more beautiful you
Little girl twenty-one the things that you've already done
Anything to get ahead
And you say you've got a man but he's got another plan
Only wants what you will do instead
Well little girl twenty-one you never thought that this would come
You starve yourself to play the part
But I can promise you there's a man whose love is true
And he'll treat you like the jewel you are
[chorus]
So turn around you're not too far
To back away be who you are
To change your path go another way
It's not too late you can be saved
If you feel depressed with past regrets
The shameful nights hope to forget
Can disappear they can all be washed away
By the one who's strong can right your wrongs
Can rid your fears dry all your tears
And change the way you look at this big world
He will take your dark distorted view
And with His light He will show you truth
And again you'll see through the eyes of a little girl
[chorus]
3 comments:
Sweet Sweet Shelly... how you are loved and thanks for sharing this... The scripture verses are something I needed to hear today as well...thanks for that and on a side note if you are really blogging at 2am... you need to go to bed... :-)
Such great thoughts, we are so blessed to have such a loving Father. Raising kids in times like this I am so thankful for my relationship in Christ
Thanks for sharing what God has put on your heart. I love reading what friends are up to and seeing their cute kids but I also love hearing what God is doing in our lives!
I do have to say, though, that there was NOTHING wrong with you wanting that porch. It truly could be a blessing to be able to spend a lot of time outside with your kids. We had a fence put around our backyard last year and for me, that changed outside time from stressful (kids running off, tripping over the dog's tie out, etc) to a fun time for my kids. You are wise to learn the lesson that you have, but if you still want a porch you are not a bad person. ;-)
Post a Comment