Friday, August 8, 2008

Blog Worthy

Anyone who has seen me since, let's say, 4th grade, knows what my hair looks like. I have had the occasional "long layers" and I have gone shoulder length a few times, but in general, I have had the same hair style since 4th grade: long and straight. Back in April when I responded to the "7 random things about me" blog tagging, I added a bonus that hair stylists do not like people with long hair. My theory on that is because long hair is not trendy. It's classic. It doesn't use a lot of hair "product" so a stylist can't add on to their sale by offering you some silly purple paste in a round aqua container when you visit their salon. Stylists also tend to be somewhat creative and they can't exercise their creativity by cutting in a straight line. (Those are my theories anyway. . .)

Well, I have been working myself up for MONTHS to cut my hair. I have issues taking steps like this because 1. I have a large head and I have always been self conscious about it and 2. I am going gray. For real. But yesterday I finally decided it was now or never.

So while it is much more interesting to blog about my sweet babe, I thought this was blog worthy, especially so my peeps in College Station, Houston and Singapore can see my new do!




The back is a little crazy. My mom asked me if it was even. The answer is probably no, but I can't really tell. I just know it is hard to style in the back. My hair has gotten really coarse and unmanageable in the back since having babes. Gotta love those hormones.

4 comments:

Rachel Kerbel said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!! i LOVE IT!!!!!! i have to cry for the dojo though! is it gone? for real though, i totally love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know you can hear me right now going weeeww! or however you spell it. i am so proud of you! yes-i am next, i have not made it there yet though. love love love love it! see ya next week

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Oh my goodnes... I think I have died and gone to Heaven... Shelly has changed her hair... what happened to the dojo...what are we going to do.. is up still up... is the sky still blue... is the water even water... what is going on... am I still alive.

P.S. I love it and it is so trendy... look at you girl... that is awesome and I am so proud of your step.

Bethany said...

Good job, Shelly! It looks cute and reminds me how desperately I need to change my current "shaggy dog" hairstyle. My hair got weird after I had Abbey and eventually settled back down, so yours might too. And re: Avery crawling: so fun! Look out world!

Kristen Ballard said...

It is super cute!! I am the opposite- I have always had my hair short and have grown it long in the past year. Rach was trying to teach me the dojo when I was there last week- I cannot get it, mine is just always this big flop thing...
I really like your hair, I love the stacked back.