Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Moving On Up

Avery just started crawling a few weeks ago, and now she can pretty much just follow me around the house. She can also climb stairs. On Sunday Matt told me that she climbed up to the 4th stair with no assistance from him. Being the good wife I am, I didn't believe him. I also didn't believe him when he told me she was pulling up for the first time. I don't know what my problem is. I guess I just feel like I should be the one discovering that she can do these things since I stay home with her all day. (Sorry, Babe.) Anyway, I saw it for myself and my heart just raced. I sort of turned into my mom and had a mini panic attack. It didn't matter that Matt was behind her, I just knew she was going to tumble down the stairs. She didn't, of course, but it does make me very nervous. She has made it all the way to the top of the stairs and she never looks back. I don't know where she came from.

We had our 9-month check-up today and here are her stats: Weight 19.15 (75%), Height 28.6 (75-90%), Head 17.6 (75%). She has sort of chubbed out lately and I felt SURE she would be in the 100% for weight, but she wasn't. She is still smaller than 25% of babies her age. :-)

Here is my big girl on the stairs this morning. I was trying to get video of it, but I couldn't bring myself to take my hands off of her for that long. I am so my mom.

And here she is tonight just before getting her p-jams on. That is something she has really grown to HATE. She doesn't like getting dressed and she doesn't like getting her diaper changed. I felt better about that fact when, in the literature the doctor gave me this morning I read, "Emotional and Behavioral Development: May resist diapering." She looks sweet, but believe me, my little snuggle bunny ain't so snuggly when it comes to changing her clothes/diaper.

3 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Can I please eat her... she is so cute...

pierce wants to say hi... mmbcvxdgfilk,nftaasl

Great stats for her 9 months... she is going to a tall one.

I love her... and I totally understands about the stairs... I still freak out when Pierce goes up them and he is 19 mos.

Rachel Kerbel said...

oh, hunna. so sweet-i would love to see that tude! so funny. she is so cute and so independent! just think, a few more weeks and she will be running up those stairs-you know i LOVE it:)

bcstark said...

Wow, stairs! That would make me nervous too, so you're not alone! :) But that is awesome, sounds like she's a brave one! Oh and Jackson throws fits when we put PJ's on him at night - I guess because he's tired. It becomes almost like a wrestling match to get them dressed, huh? :)