Monday, August 18, 2008

Six Down, Sixty To Go



Yesterday Matt and I celebrated our 6th anniversary. He surprised me with a trip to one of my favorite places: The Gaylord Texan. We splurged on dinner at the Hickory Steakhouse in the hotel and I got pampered with a pedicure. It was a wonderful time. I wish we could've stayed all week. It doesn't seem like it has been 6 years since I said "I Do" but I guess the old adage is true. Time DOES fly when you are having fun. We've had a few hurdles to overcome, but all in all, they've only brought us closer together. Matt is the most principled person I know. He is the funniest person I know and he is the smartest person I know. I'm so grateful to be married to such a wonderful man. I'm so glad Avery gets to have him for a dad. The last 6 years have been a blast and I look forward to sixty more!

5 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Happy Anniversary... did you get my card? I am glad that you got pampered you deserve it... but I really do think that I am the smartest person you know... HE HE HE Matt is all and more of the things that you said... but He is blessed to have you as a wife.

P.S. You look hot in that picture... you go girl... still kickin it at 30.

Anonymous said...

congratulations!

Kristen Ballard said...

Happy Anniversary. The Gaylord is so nice- good call, Matt!!!

Bethany said...

Happy 6th! We also celebrated our 6th this year and thought it sounded like a lot more than 5 for some reason.
And I have to point out, I think this is the first picture of Matt on your blog where he is smiling and not wearing something UT related. :0)

Julia said...

I am glad you had such a good time for your anniversary! It is definitely hard to believe that it has already been six years!!