She got up and was standing proudly and then she lost her balance, bonked her head on the wood and proceeded to scream. Matt, or should I say Papa Bear came around the corner from the bathroom and nearly attacked! (He is so protective of her. It is so stinking cute!) I guess he thought that since I was sitting right there it shouldn't have happened. I tried to explain that those types of things are going to happen sometimes, but Papa Bear wasn't hearing it. I had my camera at my side because I had been taking pictures. So Papa Bear proceeded to compare me to the director of "Faces Of Death" and told me to quit filming. I wasn't at the time, but I wish I had filmed that conversation and the actual fall because it would fully convey the humor of the situation (minus Avery's injury, of course). You can barely see the bruise. It got darker as the day went on. And there was another bruise that appeared on the side of her face last night. But if you look where her hairline SHOULD be, you can probably see it. You might have to step back from your computer. Obviously it wasn't that bad since you are having to go through a circus act to see the little thing, but it was her first bruise so I wanted to blog about it.
Yeah, I'm pulling up on this chair. You got something to say about it?
Before the injury I got our little game on film. She tries to get away from me and it is hilarious. Again, the video might not do it justice, but she starts squealing and going faster and faster when she sees that I am coming. So fun!
6 comments:
Dads are so funny about stuff like that. Rob is the same way with Emma, but I'm fairly certain he won't be that way with Elias. It's the little girl thing. When Emma was about Avery's age she was holding on to Neva's cane and let go, when she let go she fell forward and hit her head on the wood trim at the bottom of my mom's couch. She had a bruise and it swelled up. Rob was quite upset! He's better now, Matt'll get better too. :)
It does get kindof crazy when they start getting mobile, and especially when they have no fear!!! She seems like so much fun!
oh.. you can hardly see that bruise. I have the same thoughts as you do about little bumps and bruises... but I think you should stop/prevent the major ones... like maybe falling off the couch, or out of the swing ya know?? ha ha... joking. cant wait to see you gals... hopefully soon!!
what-matt's not telling avery to jump off the roof with a sheet? huh.
she is so cute! go avy. go avy. go- go- go- avy! hope we get to see her before we leave on sat:)
How cute is that... and I was actually talking about Matt's legs in the beginning... HE HE HE... well as soon as Pierce heard Avery screaming he came a running and when he got to the computer he said it... Avery... clear as day... so cute and officially the first (and not the last) that he will call out her name... YEAHHHH
Uh oh, I think someone's got Daddy wrapped around her little finger... pretty soon she'll be asking him for a pony. :0)
Post a Comment