16 years ago
Sunday, June 14, 2009
CIO
Not everyone who reads this blog will agree with my methods of "sleep-training" but there are millions of people who do. I have read many books on this topic and tend to fall into the Babywise camp. After reading the books, I decided I bought into the research on the Cry It Out (CIO) method. (Yes, I have read articles from the other side as well.) I have visited several Babywise blogs and tried to recall how I "trained" Avery. My attitude towards her was certainly different. When I let Avery CIO it wasn't really that hard. She had a louder, tougher cry and I knew she was fine. She also reached a point where she would give up much sooner than Reagan has. His cry is weaker, but he can go longer. Much longer. I have attempted to let him CIO now about 4 times and failed every time. Those 4 times, he cried anywhere from 25 minutes to 45 minutes, and then I broke down and picked him up. If you know anything about Babywise, you know that consistency is key (which I have already failed at). So tonight I decided the sleep training should REALLY begin. I put him down awake but drowsy, and after about 5 minutes he cried. And he continued to cry, non-stop, for one hour and 15 minutes. It was truly heart-wrenching, but he is asleep. I'm going to try and chronicle my training with Reagan. Tonight I was strong. We'll see how tomorrow night goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are a strong mama!!! It is not the easy way, but I think it is a good way to establish a pattern/routine. Good for you!!!
You were stronger than I... I could not take his sweet little cry anymore when on the phone with you... that is why you are the best mom ever... Miss you guys and let me know what you find out in regards to Sing Air.
Post a Comment