I'm getting the hang of this "stay at home" thing. Mostly because it is more trouble than it is worth to get out with both of my kiddos every day. I am getting in a routine of getting out on certain days and I LOVE that. It gives me something to look forward to so I can stay at home on the other days and get some things accomplished. Last week I managed to vacuum my whole house with both of them awake. Thank you Mr. Bumbo for your help, and a big thanks to the Swiffer duster, for keeping Avery busy while I finished the task. Before vacuuming I started a load of laundry. My sweet baby girl had my shoe rack "organized" before I could even get the laundry sorted and in the machine. I looked over and there were my shoes in a pile by the door. She had Matt's shoes on and was digging in the hamper. I sent this picture to Matt at work and he got a big kick out of it.
And being the aggrivating mom that I am, I had to take this picture today of my sweet angel when she woke up from her nap. Most days she wakes up happy, but she seems to be losing her happy-wake-up disposition as she gets older. Her bedhead just cracked me up. She obviously wasn't amused.
Reagan is a sweet baby. He rarely cries. He just smiles and sleeps. I know I'm not exactly an objective observer, but this kid is CUTE! He gives me one look with those blue-eyes and I'm toast.
His head isn't getting any rounder these days. Matt saw it this weekend when he was in the Bumbo and had somewhat of a panic attack. He got very concerned. Not sure if the doctor will still talk helmets or not, but I've done a bit of research online and his head is just as bad or worse than the before/after pics I saw of kids with helmets. It is purely asthetic. Evidently it's more common in boys. He is on his back alot, but MUCH less than Avery ever was. He is probably in the Bumbo or on his belly for 3+ hours a day. He takes at least one nap a day on his tummy and we do tummy time multiple times throughout the day in addition to Bumbo time. I'm not really sure what else I can do at this point.
Here he is on a wedge foam thing I bought at Just Between Friends last October. It's great for tummy time. He has a bit of trouble lifting that head, but he'll work it out. He's tough just like his daddy.
In case you are wondering how the CIO is going, I quit my chronicles because we accomplished the mission. I can put him in his bed (for nap and at night) and he may cry for 10 minutes, but then he is out. He IS still waking up in the middle of the night. A couple of weeks ago he went a 7 hour stretch one night and a 9 hour stretch the other. I was sooo encouraged. But he hasn't done that since. Last night he woke up at 1:00am and at 4:00am and for good at 8:00. I'm not quite ready to let him cry in the middle of the night. I've just never done that, but you can be sure I'll chronicle it when I do!
5 comments:
They are beautiful... and those eyes on RJ are amazing... how much fun... and don't worry about RJ's head... Pierce had the same thing and he is fine now... as soon as the hair grows in your will never think about it again...
I love Avery's little tan line - adorable! Glad everything is going well. I'm looking for a day next week for us to meet for lunch. Can't wait!
Your kids are adorable! Reagan has such a sweet smile.
P.S. Cara and I (and hopefully Theresa) are meeting for lunch next Thursday. You in?
CUTE pictures!!!
Post a Comment